Monday, December 16, 2019

Ready to Read, Dr. Preston

(Sorry for turning in late I had something going on at home.)

I arrived in your class on August 12th, 2019.  I was a student with lots of problems, still am, but this class has provided an outlet for me to learn how not to let my problems affect my school work. My first impression of you was immediately noticing you are very open minded and straight forward.  I like when teachers are like that and very understanding towards their students.  It didn’t really surprise me when you cussed the first day, I was just like oh that’s so cool.  When it first came to journals and blog, I didn’t keep up with them at all.  On night I stayed up until 11 completing 17 blogs.  My favorite part of this class was memorizing the poems, my favorite one was,¨The Road Not Taken.¨  the point where I felt the most tension was when I had to finish up 17 blogs in one night to prove I deserved the grade of a B.  I handled this by just looking forward to having that letter grade.  I then set reminders on my phone to keep track my work and not miss anymore blogs.  When I would fall back, I would complete it after I was done with what was assigned for that day.  I am a different learner now because I’ve learned more diligence on how to work with my anxiety and life problems and not legit affect my school work. Self Reliance has helped me with that.  I’ll never forget my interview on how I was able to be very open and share my story. I have felt so much confidence ever since. Thank you Dr. Preston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Corona-tine Day 23

Up and up :)